Gperc is a percussion for electric guitar. It is a removable plate attached to the upper part of the guitar. Various percussion sounds are made by the standard guitar playing, and strumming techniques used by guitarists.
This is an innovative musical concept, and a totally new musical instrument invented by French guitarist/guitar teacher Frédéric Riedel.
The Gperc sound is a natural percussion sound. It is the result of the percussion plate vibrations captured by a piezoelectric pickup. Gperc does not involve any simulation nor any percussion sound samples of any sort.
Imagine how Gperc could open up new musical horizons... Imagine a Gperc guitarist playing guitar, and singing on an intimate stage... Imagine the dialog that could rise between a Gperc guitarist, and a percussionist... Imagine the source of inspiration of a guitar/percussion arrangement at the very first stage of songwriting...
That's the kind of horizons that Gperc could open up.
Why a crowfunding campaign?Launching a innovative product is more than ever a real challenge. So we thought we could seek help from the guitar lovers, and innovation lovers out there. The principle of crowdfunding is simple. The owner of an innovative and/or a creative project call people for contribution to their project following 2 principles :
- Any contribution is important to build a project, even the smallest.
- Any contribution deserves a compensation.
- The production of a first batch of Gperc kits for electric guitars.
- Research & development fora more flexible Gperc attachment system.
- Research & development for the future versions of Gperc, especially a version for acoustic guitars.
If the goal is achieved at the end of the campaign, i.e. July 2nd 2013, then the Gperc will come to life to conquer the world and open up new musical horizons!
More information about the Gperc crowdfunding campaign on UluleLink : http://www.ulule.com/gperc/ - Goal of the Campaign : 10 000€ - Campaign Deadline : July 2nd 2013
Ulule is the first European crowdfunding site.
Compensations available for contributorsThe value of the compensations increases as the level of contribution increase.
- First levels of contribution: Gperc goodies and accessories.
- Intermediate levels of contribution: a Gperc unit for electric guitars (stratocaster and telecaster body shapes).
- High levels of contribution: an electric guitar equiped with a Gperc. The Gperc will be installed by a luthier. (The guitars equiped with a Gperc are: a Cort G210 or a Tom Launhardt TC61 -Telecaster body shape - or a Tom Launhardt ST612 -Stratocaster body shape)
Gperc on social media:
Contact for questions and information: firstname.lastname@example.org