Sunday 28 February 2010

Ibanez PM100 Pat Metheny Signature

Ibanez Pat Metheny

I love this guitar! I'm happy to show here the guitar that Ibanez designed for Pat Metheny (the PM100 is the model with only a neck pickup - the one that Metheny uses - there is also a PM120 with 2 HB)... It always works when you take a classic shape and twist it slightly, and here the result is beautiful and edgy... And the beauty being always enhanced by ergonomics, the upper cutaway is not only providing a nice aggressive look to the guitar, but is really functional.

Metheny being a very eclectic musician, like everybody I only like one part of his work, but I really like it, even if it's just one album; I still remember when 'Zero Tolerance for Silence' was released, I couldn't believe that I was buying something from this elevator music player but the album was a strong statement for many experimental guitar music lovers (it was before this guitar was issued in 1996 though, so this consideration is not related to the beginning of the post).



NB: Please make sure you are reading this Guitarz post at guitarz.blogspot.com and not on a Scraper blog that copies posts without permission (and steals bandwidth) so as to profit from advertising. Please support original bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis