Saturday 9 May 2015

Hammertone OC-12 - Octave 12 string Electric Guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:




We've looked at 12 Sting Octave Electric guitars ( and the handsome people that play them ) in this post from a few years ago, but this is the first time that we've featured the Hammertone OC-12.

I've had the pleasure to play a Hammertone and was surprised that it was quite playable and comfortable for my big hands. I was expecting more of a mandolin feel, but it actually was fairly spacious.

I don't exactly love the finish on this Hammertone OC-12 but I'd be more likely to use in a studio scenario rather than live anyways.

Anyone out there have one of these little beauties?

R.W. Haller


© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

1 comment:

  1. I have not played a Hammertone, but I owned 3 different ones made by Phantom over the years. They are essentially the same thing. They're all based almost exactly on the vintage Vox Mandoguitars of the 1960's. They really are great for recording and can add a really nice chimey sound...almost keyboard-like at times. Or a strummy mandolin sound. Cool to play around with different effects as well. I used mine live for a number of years. I owned the very first NAMM show prototype that Phantom made for a number of years and it played and sounded great. If you can afford to have an extra instrument that you just use now and then, I highly recommend owning a mandoguitar.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis