Tuesday 5 May 2015

Handmade Custom Esquire. When cutting corners isn't so bad.

guitarz.blogspot.com:






I don't want to like this Custom Esquire. The crack in the wood on the upper bout has been cleverly fixed with walnut inlay and the squared off sides show that the source wood was clearly a bit too small for the template. These are both things that would bother me on any other guitar, but for some reason it's ok here.

I guess the simplicity sells it for me, though at $1000 I'm not quite that sold.

R.W. Haller



© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

3 comments:

  1. Still looks better than the tele body I got from Wishnevsky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thats like comparing apples to ........wishnevskys
    rw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash often has cracks inside it. The 12 string I built did but I got away with filling it. As it wasn't totally invisible I made it a feature by filling it with wood from the derelict West Pier in Brighton (UK)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis