Wednesday 1 December 2010

Electric 12ers #6: Firstman "violin" electric XII

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Finally in today's look at electric 12-string guitars...

We're all well aware of the Violin Bass, whether it's a Gibson, a Hofner or one of a whole host of copies. Less well known are its guitar counterparts, and - I shouldn't be surprised although I've never seen one before - here we see a 12-string carrying the Firstman brandname. The seller claims it dates back to 1967. It's not a name I am aware of. I'd wager that - once again - it's a Japanese guitar. If you know differently, please let us know!

Thanks again to Jaimie for sending in today's selections! (Please note, I'm not going posting six blog items every day).

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

1 comment:

  1. Is there anyone who can confirm whether there exists an electric 12 string made by either Sekova or Selmer that is an exact duplicate of the Hofner Beatle Bass? In 1972 I had seen such a guitar for sale, it was the same shape and color of the H500/1 1964 Beatle base, but the headstock name was either Sekova or Selmer (I do not remember because I was only 12 years old at the time). I returned with my father to purchase the guitar for $250, but it was gone! I have never been able to find that guitar again, but versions such as the Firstman "violin" electric XII come close, but still not what I am searching for. Thanks, Leehehe@myway.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis