Monday 13 December 2010

Danelectro Mod 7


This Danelectro Mod 7 is a guitar to my heart! It has everything, the design - look at that blobish mother-of-toilet-seat pickguard! - the personality - did you ever hear of a 7-string with lipstick humbuckers? - plenty of cool technical details like the six-way rotary switch for pickups combinations plus an extra switch to go to lead mode with the 3 pickups in series, and the concentric tone/volume knob. 

It has the typical Danelectro masonite chambered body with a classical yet original one cutaway design, lipstick pickups with a double one in bridge position, a slightly gold sparkle black finish... A perfect combination of vintage feel and innovation, it's been strangely short lived in the late 90s, I guess that it's again one of these too brilliant guitars that didn't find its market because people just want cheap Les Paul clones... Well let me tell you, yesterday I was gigging with my Dan'o Longhorn Baritone plugged on a Sovtek Big Muff Pi and a Marshall bass combo a and I had the most terrific sound one can expect from a guitar!

Bertram

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

1 comment:

  1. I currently use a dc59 12 string with my band www.thezoots.com but this guitar would be great to use for our shows. I've had much more expensive guitars but the Danelectro guitars are fantastic value for money.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis