Friday 10 April 2015

1984 Roland G-700 Guitar Synth with LEFT-HANDED GR-707 Guitar Controller

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Here's something special for our left-handed guitar-slinging friends out there. It's a 1984 Roland G-700 Guitar Synth with GR-707 Guitar Controller which not only is in the cooler black finish (silver was standard, red was another option) but is also left-handed. I don't think I've seen a left-handed example of one of these before; unfortunately I am unable to tell you how many were made, but you can bet it wasn't very many.

Isn't it crazy to think that this gear is now 30 years old and in the guitar world that seems to qualify as "vintage"? I remember when these first came out and we all thought "What the hell are Roland doing putting out such a crazy design?" But then, along came the SynthAxe and we thought the Roland controller was relatively normal. Today it has a retro-futuristic vintage charm, but it does feel very strange to be getting nostalgic about stuff like this.

Whilst the synth unit looks rather bulky by today's standards, I'll say this for it: at least it is labelled with LARGE numbers and has LARGE easy to read displays. I can't be dealing with the teeny tiny display screens on modern-day equipment. It's like, excuse me whilst I get a magnifying glass out so I can read this.

Currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of US $1,999.

G L Wilson (with thanks to David from Barcelona who posted it first on Facebook)

© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis