Sunday 24 June 2012

Following on from yesterday's post, it's a Framus Atlantic 5/110

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Although I believe I have quite a fair knowledge about guitars, the various brands and models, and also have the ability to retain tidbits of detail about various models, I have never claimed to be a guitar "expert" - and one of the things I love about compiling this blog is that if I don't know something I can throw the question out to the readership and, 9 times out of 10, get an answer.

So, yesterday's mystery Framus is in fact an Atlantic 5/110. It WAS included on the Framus Vintage website but was filed under "Thinline" when I had (quite fairly, I think) been searching to no avail through the "Archtop" category.

Thanks to David B for identifying this guitar and for sending the attached images from the 1965 Framus catalogue.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis