Saturday 6 October 2012

Look, no strings! 1979 Oncor Sound LGS Touch 6000 Guitar Synthesizer

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Here's a rare early guitar synth, perhaps one of the first systems not to use a real-guitar but a guitar-style interface. Note that this Oncor Sound LGS Touch 6000 Guitar Synthesizer doesn't actually feature any real strings. The eBay seller claims that: "Everything works fine, we had a lot of fun testing this out, all those knobs and switches make for endless tone combinations. All features work perfectly just as they should."

Currently being offered for sale on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $899.99 which seems quite reasonable for such a rare instrument in good condition, although, of course, I cannot vouch for how playable it actually is.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - 10 years and counting!

7 comments:

  1. This is a dangerous blog. This makes the second time I've purchased one of the instruments listed here. I will let you know how this wild and crazy thing sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was quick.

    Please do let us know how you get on with this instrument. Any reviews, sound files, video clips would be most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling this thing is going to be a headache but that hasn't stopped me before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to hear wht that sounds like too. I find the sellers use of (I use the term loosely) models to help sell his stuff quite amusing and slightly disturbing. I'm not sure I would want to buy from him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely amusing and slightly disturbing. I'm just hoping that it functions- I own a couple other weirdo pieces from roughly that era- something called a Eventoff Sonica designed by music-electronics genius Frank Eventoff. What I'm hoping for with the LGS touch is a polyphonic synth with all the controls right on the body of the instrument. I'm confident that I can play it correctly, I just hope the seller didn't misrepresent the condition of its 'functionality' so to speak. We shall see! I'll probably do a demo video with it as well as the Eventoff if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just found and posted one like it on ebay ends in 2 days look quick.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got to try one of the basses back in the 80s when my band was opening for Ebn Ozn, and their bass player had one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis