Friday 1 August 2014

Red Rock M1 - Like the guitar? Then get on-board with Kickstarter

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Here's an email I received from a (quite rightfully) frustrated guitar designer:
Hi Gavin

My name is Sean Mara, from North Vancouver BC. I love the blog, have looked over the past while and seen some weird stuff. But I have to be careful because… I am a guitar designer/builder. I love weird but as a designer I have to be careful what influences me. I hate copies. If I see yet another "new" guitar that looks like a Strat or Les Paul, I'm going to get a chainsaw and do a few mercy headstock decapitations.

Just spent a frustrating time trying to get major manufacturers to accept some of my creations. They are sssooo conservative, selling the same 2 designs for 60+ years. So I decided to take them on and have just launch a Kickstarter page to launch my designs.

The reason I am contacting you is to show you a few designs. Here's one I just finished. It is a one piece solid cedar 2 1/2" thick body with a 3 piece set neck and a fresh headstock for the others to copy. I'd really appreciate knowing what you think and if you would want other pics to mention it to your follower.

Cheers from Canada,

Sean Mara
RedRock Guitars
www.redrockguitars.com
Be sure to check out this Kickstarter project to see Sean's other designs. You've got to admit, he's succeeded nicely in avoiding all the the usual design clichés! I particularly love the sculptured contours of the golden M1 pictured above. It has a very organic look to it. The headstock layout also looks particularly novel.

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff. Good luck Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Country is no longer getting the low class, bad rap that it used to get from other genres. That is because several country music artists are now using their guitars to completely outsell Rock Listener Starting To Like Country (in record sales and on the charts) some of the most popular rock, rap and pop artists. America is addicted to the sounds of the guitar, realized or not. And no other genre showcases the sounds of the guita

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis