Saturday 21 November 2009

Orfeus Hebros Bass from Bulgaria

guitarz.blogspot.com:
I couldn't say what she'd be like as a player, but visually this Soviet-era Bulgarian-made Orfeus Hebros Bass is a beauty. Can you believe that they referred to this finish as "sunburst"? (Surely not, I think the seller must be mistaken). To me, it looks art deco.

As with many basses of similar provenance, it's short-scale and has a very narrow neck. This example has a fair amount of wear and tear which would imply that it's seen some use over the years. Either that or someone's been knocking it around a bit.

G L Wilson

NB: There are a lot of blogs STEALING content and bandwidth. If you read this anywhere else but on guitarz.blogspot.com then you are reading a blog that STEALS content. Please support original bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. I am the current owner of the bass in the pic. I have since replaced the wiring harness with something that actually works, CTS pots and a Switchcraft jack. I bought it for the art deco finish but it turned out to be a nice playing and sounding bass.

    Ilan

    Here is how it looks now:
    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll127/ilanlukatch/OrfeusHebros.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hin,
      I own one
      Is there a way to improve the sound with a new wiring/pots?

      Delete
  2. I'm the current owner of the bass in the pic. Bought it off eBay for $275 from a seller in the Ukraine. I have since replaced the wiring harness with something that actually works - CTS pots and Switchcraft jack. It turned out to be a nice playing and sounding bass.

    Here is a pic I took recently:

    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll127/ilanlukatch/OrfeusHebros.jpg

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis