Wednesday 4 November 2009

Gruggett Raindrop guitar from 1966

guitarz.blogspot.com:
This Gruggett Raindrop was apparently one of only six such guitars and was built in 1966 for a band called - appropriately enough - The Raindrops.

Bill Gruggett, the maker of this guitar, also built guitars for Mosrite and Hallmark Guitars back in the day, and is currently working with the re-launched Hallmark company.

The Raindrop guitar reminds me of a more modern guitar, possibly 80s-era, but I can't quite put my finger on what it might be.

I wonder what happened to the band The Raindrops too, incidentally.

G L Wilson

NB: There are a lot of blogs STEALING content and bandwidth. If you read this anywhere else but on guitarz.blogspot.com then you are reading a blog that STEALS content. Please support original bloggers!

1 comment:

  1. What it reminds you of - Tokai Talbo? (If you cut off the [recessed] lower horn, then you would have something very similar to the Raindrop.) I wouldn't like one falling on my head, though!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis