Sunday 29 November 2009

Casio EG-5 cassette guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:

I'm aware of the Casio's MIDI and synth guitars, but I've never seen one of these before.

It's Casio EG-5 and is a real product of its age (the 1980s, of course) and a wonderful piece of "guitar cheese".

The insubstantial plastic body most obviously, and curiously, features an integral cassette player. Whether this is for recording the guitar as you play, or for playing your own backing tracks (or perhaps both) is not clear.

This particular example is being sold on eBay by a French seller and looks like it isn't currently in full working order (it'd need some strings for starters).

I'm wondering if this was a Japan-only model that somehow made it out to Europe. Has anyone out there seen one of these before? Perhaps you've even owned or played one? Please let us know in the usual way in the comments beneath this post.

G L Wilson

NB: There are a lot of blogs STEALING content and bandwidth. If you read this anywhere else but on guitarz.blogspot.com then you are reading a blog that STEALS content. Please support original bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. I have one of these that I bought in Japan. It's not going to satisfy real tone geeks, but I play it through loads of effects and also use pre-prepared loops in the cassette player and the stereo in jack to run field recordings, etc from my Ipod. For anyone doing noise/drone stuff, it's a tremendous purchase!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PaBNzZs6_k&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmhPO4sdqu4

    ReplyDelete
  3. About to buy one that randomly popped up used neaby. Can't stand the look of the thing, it looks exactly like I'm sure it feels to play... but I can't help it... Casio Tape guitar? I need help

    ReplyDelete
  4. One just popped up in Bangkok, I'ma get this thang

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis