Saturday 25 February 2012

Klira Jazzmaster-like in bright orange finish

Now when you think of cheap guitar copies, the Stratocaster comes first - iconic and easy to build (compared to a Les Paul), but in the 1960s, the Jaguar / Jazzmaster was the most successful and copied design in the alternative electric guitar countries that were Japan, Italy and Germany.

And they were not just clones like nowadays, each had their own pickups and gear - and personality -, like this bright orange Klira (orange is the only solid colour I like). West-German guitar company Klira is unfortunately still poorly documented on the Internet, so this time again I cannot tell much more about this - let's hope than someone will one day put some archives on-line...

Bertram

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I see a lot of my pics here :)
    I sold that guitar 2 years ago in Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got one of those :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis