Monday 6 February 2012

1955 Magnatone G-65 lap steel, designed by Paul Bigsby


Simplicity of material and sophistication of the design: you cannot do much better than this 1955 Magnatone G-65 lap steel with an art-deco design by master Paul Bigsby!

I love its shining chrome hardware on wood in natural finish, and the design has the same evidence as the one of the Telecaster - and thus is still used half a century later by models by Gretsch or Duesenberg...

Bertram 


© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I found your blog while trying to ID my guitar and it's exactly what I have. I would love to know more about this model in terms of value/desirability.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis