Tuesday 3 February 2015

Lyon and Healy Lakeside Concert Sized Guitar. A stunning Parlour guitar from the 1920s

guitarz.blogspot.com:








I'm a bigger fellow. At 6 feet 2 inches and 250lbs ( on a good day ) it's fair to say that I take up a good chunk of space. For this reason I tend to stay away from smaller guitars, in a "does this guitar make my bum look fat?" kind of way.

However, I've really taken a shine to 12 fret parlour guitars in the past couple of years. I bought an Archimbault parlour ( built by Art and Lutherie ) to do some travelling last year and was thoroughly impressed with the full sound and projection.

This Lyon and Healy Lakeside was listed on Kijiji for $500 and from the time I found it to the time of posting the ad has been taken down. Perhaps it sold. Perhaps the owner took another look at the rosette and binding work, or the simple Martinesque open gear slotted headstock, or the way the spruce top has aged so nicely, and they decided to keep it after all.

R.W. Haller


© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis