Thursday 19 February 2015

Sherwood Hockey Stick Guitar. A guitar made from hockey sticks

guitarz.blogspot.com:



I may have been apologetic about my Canadian guitar choices ( saying sorry is kind of our thing ) but I never said I was going to stop.

Some bloody genius has made a guitar from hockey sticks!

This guitar was actually made for a good cause. It will be played by country singer Chad Brownlee on his upcoming tour and auctioned off with the proceeds going to the Tim Horton's Children's Foundation.

I've never heard of Chad Brownlee which likely means that he's a rather popular country artist here. My finger is not on that particular pulse.
Tim Horton's I do know. Tim's is a widely popular and horribly overrated coffee/donut chain named after a legend of Canadian hockey.

The guitar itself looks pretty average, except that it's made from hockey sticks! One pickup, two controls, and four minutes for hooking.......

I'm really starting to like the look of Paul style guitars with maple fretboards, oh, and hockey sticks for a body!
In all honesty, I skate poorly and do not play hockey at all.

It's hard to tell from the pictures provided if the sticks just cap the top of a piece of solid wood or if they layered the sticks. I suspect the former.
Either way, I'd love to try it out.

R.W. Haller
















© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11Please read our photo and content policy.




3 comments:

  1. Of course this is a UK based website where Hockey is played on a field rather than on ice and the sticks would be even more difficult to fashion into a guitar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the maple fretboard thing. I have a fender stratacoustic that I put a maple neck on, and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EPIC missed opportunity! WHY does this guitar not have an 80s-metal approved hockey stick headstock?
    If there has ever in history been one guitar where it would fit, this is THE one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis