Saturday, 24 November 2012

Gretsch Spectrasonic G6144 C Melody Baritone by TV Jones

Another guitar I'd love to play before I die - preferably on stage (the playing - well also the dying if I come to this) - is this wonderful Gretsch Spectrasonic G6144 C Melody Baritone designed by luthier Thomas V. Jones - originally for Brian Setzer. Not only I'm more and more into baritone guitars (preferably with a very long scale like this one - tuned in C), but it is one of best designs I've ever seen - I just love that pickguard!

This model (with chambered body, Powertron pickups and Bigsby trem) - together with a regular guitar version and a bass one was short lived in the early 2000s but TV Jones' own company took over the production since - not for cheap I'm afraid...

Bertram D

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - 10 years and counting!


  1. This seems to be what the MotorAve Bel Aire is inspired by.

    1. they've been both inspired by an old Harmony model.



Related Posts with Thumbnails