Friday 2 November 2012

Mystery no-name red electric guitar, possibly Indian in origin

guitarz.blogspot.com:
I find myself strangely drawn to this single pickup "mystery" red electric guitar, which the eBay seller describes thus:
This guitar is clearly vintage but I have no idea who made it as there are no markings on it. The previous owner told me he believed it to be made in India but again there are no markings so I cannot confirm this. I do know that the guitar plays fairly well and works fine. That said it is a relatively budget instrument. The single pickup sounds ok but not great. The tuners are sort of cheap and while it stayed in tune for light playing it went a little south when I banged on it hard. There are bumps and bruises from normal play wear. I have no idea what kind of wood it is made of. It comes with a gig bag.
So, it's obviously a cheapie in the Kay/Harmony mold, but I can't halp thinking it'd be great for banging out some of those old garage band tunes.

Currently listed on eBay with a possibly tad optimistic Buy It Now price of $375.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - 10 years and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis