Tuesday 9 March 2010

Ex-Nuno Washburn Mouradian prototype

guitarz.blogspot.com:

Yes, I appreciate that this Washburn Mouradian guitar is a rare "one-of-a-kind" prototype model.

I appreciate also that it belonged to Nuno Bettencourt and is the actual guitar that he played it with Extreme at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert in 1992.

Nevertheless... a $35,000 Buy It Now price on eBay?

You're having a laugh?

Thanks to Jono for bringing this guitar to our attention. As he says, "You gotta wonder where they pull out those prices from and more importantly, who the hell buys this stuff?"

I've got nothing against Mr Bettencourt, who is a fine guitarist, but I wouldn't have thought he was the kind of guy whose personal instruments commanded those kind of big bucks. That asking price is not quite in Hendrix/Beatles/Elvis territory, but it's close.

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

8 comments:

  1. This is not a ONE OF A KIND guitar

    It is a prototype, but they actually made a total of (8) guitars

    (2) guitars, one neck thru, and one bolt on
    (2) basses, one neck thru, and one bolt on

    I know because I have one of each from Washburn, with documentation.

    What I was told when I bought these guitars.

    That Washburn gave one of each guitar to Nuno, and One of each bass to Chris Squire of YES

    Let me know if you would like more info or pics of these rare guitars

    Thanks
    FastKev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev for the correction. Sometimes we only have the eBay listing to go on for our source of information. But yeah, we'd love to see your guitars and any info you can tell us about them.

      Delete
    2. thanks but my post dont seem to be uploading,,,am I doing something wrong?

      I am kinda new at this

      thanks

      Delete
    3. I don't think you can upload any photos here in the comments. You can email me at gavinlloydwilson@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. I will try and take some pics of all (4) tonite

    I am down to about 80 plus guitars in my collection, I sold 40 plus a few years back

    Thanks
    FastKev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now have the protoytype on ebay

    I dont know how to load pics here

    Thanks
    FastKev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let me know what you think
    Thanks
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent you some pics,, I can sent more and mre or my other guitars,,, I have many prototypes and rear guitars

    thanks again
    FastKev

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/170979946687?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis