Tuesday 30 March 2010

Grand Suzuki Explorer

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Uh-oh! The pointy guitars are back - and this isn't even Bertram posting this time!

In fact, this is an appeal for information on the brand Grand Suzuki. I'll let the owner of the guitar pictured here, Thomas Silver, explain:
"Hi, I follow your blog and I just want to show you this Explorer I got some time ago. It was refinished in EVH when I got it so I dont know the original look. I just had to remove a little on the headstock and there: Grand Suzuki?

I've been playing and collecting for a long long time and I like to think that I've seen it all! No, not really. But this blew me away!

If you have any info, please let me know. I have searched the net like crazy. It sound awesome and have the fattest neck ever! Correct weight. Strange knob positioning - too close to each other.

Many thanks
Thomas Silver"
Well, I'm aware of the Japanese Suzuki brand, although to the best of my knowledge they made violins and acoustic guitars. I suppose it's possible that Grand Suzuki was a related brand, perhaps created for electric guitars. Just curious, Thomas, is is a set-neck or a bolt-on?

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis