Tuesday 30 March 2010

G L Stiles electric guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:
I confess that I had not heard of the luthier Gilbert Lee Stiles before I saw the above-pictured guitar for sale on eBay. Apparently he built a series of one-off guitars from his workshop in Florida throughout the 1960s and 70s. I do like this Bigsby B5-equipped guitar which has several interesting features such as the scrolled body horns and the intricately-shaped headstock. The fingerboard inlays too are quite individually distinctive. The guitar also features a pair of DeArmond pickups and Kluson tuners.

I wonder how this little-known American guitar ended up in Cheshire, England?

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis