Tuesday 23 March 2010

Gibson Korina Futura 1957 prototype

Gibson1957KorinaFutura

In my previous post about the Epiphone Prophecy Futura, I failed to identify its original model - the Futura designed in 1957 by Gibson - and credited it to the Epiphone current creativity (well I actually think that Epiphone anyway refined and updated the line of the Futura). 

I'm even more baffled at this guitar thinking that it's been created in the 50s, but that should not be a surprise when you know the other guitar designs Gibson experimented at that time, including the supreme Flying V. The Futura was anyway too radical and not issued then, but lead to the creation of the Explorer. If you're interested in the whole story, you'll find it here

Thanks to Greg for pointing my mistake.


Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis