Saturday 31 January 2015

Very Cool Vintage Japanese Solid Body Guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:











Look at the upper horn on this awesome Japanese guitar. I'm not sure I've seen this model before.


Someone has looked after this guitar quite well. It has a few marks on the finish, but no noticeable dings or gouges. Sporting 3 gold foil pickups, mini switches, and an intact tremolo, it's hard not to message the seller right now and ask if they would consider shipping.

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say it was a Kawai or perhaps Guyatone.

Thoughts?

Update: I went to check the sale again and I guess someone loved it as much as I did, as the guitar is no longer listed.


R.W. Haller


© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

2 comments:

  1. Sort of related: has anyone found or worked out a wiring diagram or schematic for a Teisco Spectrum 5? My google-fu is pretty formidable. But I must admit I've hit a brick wall trying to track this bit of info down. And I've been trying on and off for several months now. Seeing those three pickups on a Japanese guitar from the same era reminded me I hadn't succeeded in getting one yet. I ran into one guy who supposedly had one. He boasted he had restored it and did know the original switching and control scheme. But he refused to share it because he wanted his guitar to be "unique." He said: "I don't want to see a thousand clones of it up on YouTube if I do." I also ran into one in a guitar shop in NYC. When I asked if there was any chance of examining the wiring inside, I was told: "Sure! All you'll have to do is buy it." At just north of $3K plus tax, that wasn't about to happen.

    Here's a link to a vid of one in case anybody is wondering what a Spectrum is - or why anybody should be interested in one. It's a 90's reissue. But it sure sounds like the real thing, so I'm guessing the wiring and pickups used were either very close or identical to what was used in the the original. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QedUrucPgDI)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis