Monday 22 August 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI recently got myself this Washburn WI64-DL secondhand at a very nice price. (It's much more purple in real life than the photo shows). As I may have mentioned before, I am not a fan of tone controls on guitars becuase they are usually pointless (i.e. they don't do anything other than roll off the treble) but this guitar features the Voice Contour Control (VCC) system which basically means you can mix between single coil and humbucker sounds - not just one or the other but all the "inbetween" positions as well!

Added to that it has the Buzz Feiten tuning system, and whilst I haven't quite worked out what exactly the Buzz Feiten tuning system actually is, I am not complaining because the guitar plays in tune all the way up to the top of the neck.

I've wanted one of these guitars since I tried out the Washburn WI64-DL at the London guitar show earlier this year. The guitar I've bought an earlier model that's now been discontinued, although I can't quite see from the specs on the Washburn website what the differences between the WI65-DL and the WI64-DL models actually are. But who cares? All in all, it's a fantastic guitar - a great buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis