Thursday 1 October 2009

Guild archtop tenor guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Guild tenor guitar

For the 'less-strings' lovers, this is a tenor guitar - here a 1974 Guild archtop one. It's a beauty, well balanced with its florentine cutaway, big headstock and elegant black finish - but not just a small guitar, it has its proper proportions.

It's not been very long since I've been aware that tenor guitars exist. I guess it's because it is a quite specifically American instrument - though I found a Portuguese company making some - for specific music. The neo-folk current hype on continental Europe brings this kind of instruments back in the light.
I can see why guitar players want to play other similar instruments - myself I'm a hidden mountain dulcimer player for almost 30 years!



NB: There are a lot of blogs STEALING content and bandwidth. If you read this anywhere else but on guitarz.blogspot.com then you are reading a blog that STEALS content. Please support original bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis