Tuesday 7 January 2014

1980s Morris Global Sound solidbody electric guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Of course Japanese guitar builders really hit their stride in the 1980s... Here's a Morris Global Sound guitar being offered for sale for €400 on a French website. It features the faux thru-neck body finish popular on Japanese guitars of this era, plus the usual DiMarzio humbuckers and hardware. Morris guitars have been built in Nagano, Japan, since 1967. The company was named after the nickname for company founder Mr Toshio Moridaira, and today concentrate on producing fine acoustic guitars for fingerstyle players.

Thanks to Hervé for bringing this guitar to my attention.

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is m'y guitar ans I'm also selling it on eBay France, with two other pretty rare examples of asiat craftmanship, check out d'or the "matsumoku sv300" and the "Cort Performer X 1984" items... Thanks for figuring this nice guitar on your great blog.

    I'm selling them because I have too much guitars at home and I want to focus on writing music with my band instead of rewiring guitars in my living room :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis