Tuesday 19 May 2015

Peavey Riptide. An interesting new take on the Telecaster design

guitarz.blogspot.com:





As a fan of Peavey and an owner of a T-60 I must admit that I've not played anything of theirs that was built after the 1980s. Not that I would have reason to avoid, I've just not seen one I'd consider trying. Then I saw this Peavey Riptide and find myself wanting to try.

I like what they've done with the Tele styling and I could probably even get used to what seems to be an excessively long lower horn.

At $325 Canadian I'm sure you could do worse.

R.W. Haller

© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that the lower horn is any longer than on a normal Tele - it's more that the cutaway is a lot deeper (It extends past the 22nd fret, whereas the horn only extends out to the 16th/17th fret like a real Telecaster).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis