Wednesday, 30 November 2011

1959 Jolana Neoton hollow body electric from Czechoslovakia
You know that here on Guitarz we are particular fans of guitars from behind the Iron Curtain, and here is another one, a Jolana Neoton electric hollowbody jazz-type guitar in greenburst finish. I have no way of telling how way it plays - or should I say how playable it might be after a proper set-up - but if I had the readies available I would buy this for looks alone because as an object it is a thing of beauty.

I must admit the neck adjustment fills me with dread. When I was a kid, my family used to have an old Russian acoustic with a neck set like this and it was ghastly.

Currrently listed on eBay with a starting price of £169 and with free shipping within the European Union.

G L Wilson

© 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails