Friday 14 October 2011

Vintage modified Höfner 182 bass

guitarz.blogspot.com:
My uncle gave me a bass which he'd informed me a friend had made for him when he was in the army in the late '60s/early '70s... this is it. I was mildly surprised and rather pleased to see it was in actual fact a (very badly) modified Hofner 182 Solid. The neck was held on by standard (and odd) wood screws, the 'strap button' on the upper bout was also a wood screw and the scratchplate was clearly a home job. The pickups (one broken) I've never seen before. The finish looks lovely, far better than the colours (or the vinyl) that I've seen on these basses before - I'm guessing it's been stripped and varnished, but if so it has been very well done. I'm setting about restoring it, but I won't touch the finish.

Dave Coulson

© 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis