Friday 21 October 2011

1965 Kapa Continental solidbody from one of America's greatest forgotten guitar makers

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Maryland's Kapa guitars were active from 1962-1970 but are largely forgotten today, which is a shame because they would appear to be good solid reliable instruments. Certainly from the reports I've heard, they sound really good too.

Although I say they are one of "America's greatest forgotten guitar makers", the Höfner-made necks were imported in from Germany.

To my eyes this Kapa Continental 6-string from 1965, leaning nonchalantly against an unsuspecting Harley Davidson, is quite a desirable instrument and appears to be in excellent condition for its age. The Jazzmaster/jaguar-like tremolo makes me think this guitar would perform surf music quite nicely.

Currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $795.

G L Wilson

© 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

1 comment:

  1. HELLO;I HAVE FOUND A KAPA 12 STRING CONTENENTAL,IN THE GARBAGE.THAT BEING SAID IT DOSE PLAY VERY WELL.IT IS NATURAL FINISH WITH SLIGHT WHEAR AND SOME RUST ON THE CHROME.I BELIEVE IT IS COLLECTABLE.I HAVE DECIDED TO JUST HANG ON THE WALL,ITS WORTH NOT SURE BUT THE GUY THAT PUT THE NEW STRINGS ON AND FINE TUNED EVERYTHING GUESSES $5-6.I JUST AM IN DISBELIEF OF WHAT I HAVE FOUND WITH SUCH GREAT HISTORY.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis